Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
doll's name

Posted by pattytricia (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 18, 09 at 0:08

What was the doll's name or brand that was around in 50's-60's? The doll was real soft like a baby. My cousin let me
play with it when we were little. And my mom couldn't afford
one like it for me. I always wanted one of them. But can't remember what the face was like. It just made you think it
was a real baby. Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: doll's name

The Dy-Dee dolls had "magic skin". They were also made with composition bodies to match the head. The magic skin was made of real rubber, which decays over time, so there not are many left. This doll was made by the Effanbee company. Ebay is a great resource for looking at old dolls and identifying them. Search in the dolls and bears category. Best wishes! Molly

o
RE: doll's name

There were others, too.

"Tiny Thumbelina" rings a bell.

maybe "Betsy Wetsy" but that might have been 60's.

You might google "magic skin" (some of those were very early 50's),
"50's baby dolls", etc.

Best luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here