Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apple head dolls

Posted by strawberrygoat (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 13, 02 at 0:08

I'm really curious if any one out there has any apple head dolls they've made, to post pictures of. I've made a few and they're so fun with each individual personality. I'm not familiar enough to post anything yet, so maybe someone can pave the way and maybe get the subject going. Please post or e-mail me about them. There certainly is no right or wrong way about these little "folks." Just plain ol' fun.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apple head dolls

bumping this up, in the hopes that someone out there, has made an apple head doll.....

Becky~~~

o

Try this site. I watch her on pbs each sunday.

Here is a link that might be useful: apple head dolls

o

Hey!
I have made apple head dolls, and they are fun to make and do dry up to become unique characters. I carved several then hung them in my dad's shop for a long, long time. He has pot-bellied stove in there so it was very dry.
My best doll of the bunch turned out to look like she was singing, so I made her a choir robe and put a song book in her hands like she was singing. I entered her in a contest, but she didn't win. I heard they had gobs of apple heads in a previous contest so mine was passe'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here