Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Witch

Posted by Penguin (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 01 at 21:52

Hi
I have a poem for a Kitchen Witch but haven't found any instructions on making them. I was asked if I had one at a craft show, but haven't seen them in years. Can anyone help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Witch

I also have a kitchen witch doll, but have no information about it. If at all possible I would appreciate obtaining a copy of the poem about the kitchen witch

o

I would like the poem also. I have a pattern if I can find it. I know I have it just a matter of hunting for it.

o

I would love to get both the poem and the pattern if I could. I have a kitchenwitch that a friend gave to me. She sells them in her shop, but I would so love to make one.

o

me too please
tia

o

I've been looking for a kitchen witch for the last two years. Please, please, forward the poem and the pattern for your kitchen witch. I would be so greatful!

o

I bought a kitchen witch at a garage sale thinking I could take it apart for a pattern. This one has a bare rump, but the soft sculpture she did is more than I could do. I would love to have a pattern. I do have the poem. I think it is a little different than others because of the bare rump.
Char

o

Hi Penguin,

Do you crochet?
If so, please let me know - I have a cute pattern
for a crochet kitchen witch.
I would love a copy of the poem if possible.

Jude!

o

Here's one:

Look who's landed in your kitchen
Bringing fortune to your home
It's me the lucky kitchen witch
Your special little gnome

I'll end burnt pots
I'll keep meals hot
I'll do such magic chores
For I'm your lucky kitchen witch
Keep me safe by your kitchen door.

auther unknown

o

I had one when I was a kid that I purchased and hung in my Mom's kitchen, here is the poem that came with her. I memorized it as a kid!

I am a kitchen witch riding my broom
Love and affection I bring to your room
Pots boiling over are a thing of the past
With my kind of magic good fortune will last!

I am looking for a good kitchen witch to hang in my own kitchen now...
Linda

o

Help! I'm looking for kitchen witch patterns:
Crochet; and
one that uses scraps of fabric, yarn (for the hair) and is stuffed. Does anyone have this to share?
Thanks in advance!
E-mail me directly, pls. at Barbiester@aol.com
--BarbieG2006

o

Hello
I am looking for a kitchen witch pattern to crochet if anyone has one please.
Thank you
Rosie

o

I am making some cute kitchen witches, and have pictures, if anyone would like to see the pictures I'll be glad to share with you and tell you how I make them.
Have a blessed day..................

o

i would like to make a cute kitchen witch to give out to my friends for halloween, anyone willing to share the makings of one i would appreciate it very much, thank you.

o

I made a kitchen witch years ago for a friend and someone took and she never did find out who got it.

It was made from panty hose and rode on a wooden spoon. She hung from the ceiling.

o

I make kitchen witches. I hand carve their faces.

Here is a link that might be useful: witches

o

I'm like everyone else - looking for a pattern for a
kitchen witch

o

I was just passing through and decided to add my two bits. lol Here are some links I found while searching for kitchen witch dolls. I hope these help! =)

A crochet pattern
http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33743

Apple dolls with video tutorials
http://www.appledolls.org/

you can buy them here, may inspire your own ideas!
http://www.samburu.com/c-617-617.aspx

more dried fruit dolls
http://www.fruitfromwashington.com/Relative/dolls.htm

dolls for inspiration-also can buy them here and may have some kits and patterns
http://www.blueberryforest.com/evi-dolls/evi-dolls.htm

o
RE: Kitchen Witch poem

Oh I almost forgot! Here is the poem I use. =)

Nothing spills, nothing spoils
Overcooks or overboils
This kitchen witch upon her broom
Brings love and luck to any room!

o

Thank you for the poems, I have been looking forever for one or two. I could really use a kitchen witch pattern. I have some doll bodies and would like to use sewing and glue to complete my doll. thanks

o

Still looking for a sewing pattern for a kitchen witch. Would love to find the one made from panty hose, with the bare bum. Any help would be appreciated.

o

Update. Found the sourse, Honey Bun Dolls by Ruth Hanke. Anyone have this book and would like to sell it or know of a place to buy it?

o

While in Germany I bought 2 kitchen witches. One of my daughters owns them now. Recently I have wanted to make some for friends. I went looking in my pattern stash & lo & behold - I found the witch pattern. She does ride a spoon!
I have had this McCalls pattern #4090 for eons. I do mind sharing.

o
RE: Pattern for Kitchen Witch

Please disregard my first message - I see a mistake in it. While in Germany I bought 2 kitchen witches. One of my daughters owns both of them now. Recently I have wanted to make some for friends. I went looking in my pattern stash & lo & behold - I found the witch pattern. She does ride a spoon!
I have had this McCalls pattern #4090 for eons. I will share!

o

I don't have the poem but this site has the cutest ones I've seen that you make with yarn and corn husks...so easy to make too! I've made several

http://www.confessionsofakitchenwitch.com/2009/08/corn-husk-kitchen-witch-doll-for-mabon.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here