SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wynative

Reborn Baby's ~ anyone here do this?

wynative
17 years ago

I am not a doll collector but I have a friend (my other Mom) that started Rebirthing babies about 5 years ago. IMO she is VERY talented and they look REAL! She has had her car window broke on 3 different occasions when Babies where left in the car. They were not taken and the people that did the damage has paid for it and bought Babies.

Every time my daughter and I go to visit she gives DD a new baby. She even made one for DD and my niece from photo's that look exactly like them as babies! She surprized the girls with them 2 years ago at Christmas time.

Last weekend we went to visit and she gave me a Girl & a Boy! These Babies are BEAUTIFUL, their skin looks and feels like the real thing ~ I have had to undress the Girl in 2 differnt store's (where I was showing her off to friends) to prove she is a doll! Wish I had a digital camera to show them off....

While we were there, Mom took the neighbor to the doctor and ask me to give another Baby to a customer if she didn't get back in time because Dad was working on his 'Pet truck'. The lady shows up, I show her the Baby, she loved it, said it looked exactly like her GD and she wrote a check to pay for it. Okay, I looked because I was curious about the price, Mom refuses to discuss cost/price with me. IMO my Babies are nicer and more real. The price she paid FLOORED me! $1200!!!!! for a doll for a child???

I feel bad since she has given DD 5 and now me 2. Do all of these types of Baby Doll's sell for that much?

Comments (19)

Sponsored