Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polymer Clay faces

Posted by Blaze (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 18, 02 at 13:35

Can anyone suggest a pretty good book - practical and easy to follow - in sculpting faces with polymer clay? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polymer Clay faces

Blaze, check out 'How to Make Clay Characters (Polymer Clay)' by Maureen Carlson (that is one talented lady!). It is one of the best for sculpting polymer figures (faces and all). She also has another book called 'Family and Friends in Polymer Clay' which is just as good.

o

Blaze, on the clay board, I posted a site with instructions for a baby's face. I bet you could alter it. Also, try going to polymerclaycentral.com they have all kinds of stuff there. Hugs, Taunia.

o

This is very interesting to me, can one make a fashion dolls face instead of a baby doll with Polymer clay? I was thinking take an old unwanted barbie remove the head and create my own face and or head in clay. Wow, what a neat idea!

o

I want to make some faces to apply to gourds, to make people (comical) out of them, any ideas? I got the clay and then got cold feet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here