Zima
(zima95@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Oct 29, 00 at 10:30

Hi!
Wondering if anyone knew how to make those cute little time out dolls

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Time out Dolls

...there are several ways these dolls are made---i am e-mailing you info. & pics. of time-out dolls i have made--i've also saved other directions from the post & will send them your way.J"patsy"

o

I made one of those dolls several years ago in a really easy way: I begged some outgrown clothes from a neighbor with a three year old! I used tights, stuffed "tightly" and sewed them to a long sleeved-tee shirt, also stuffed well. The tee shirt had those little finger covers like on a newborn shirt. I sewed a plain muslin head and outfitted the doll in a sweater, cordouroy pants and pink tennis shoes. She has a hat and stand by the TV, moaning all the time. I have also seen them with a big V-shaped piece of wood inserted into the legs to keep the body more stable. Mine doesn't have that. But she has gotten her share of compliments and stares from company! Good luck with your "baby!"

o

Be sure and use skin colored material for the faces. I have seen so many with white faces and they look awful. Have fun!

o

Patsy A. Could you Email me the directions too. I've seen these and have talked about making them for quite a while. Thank you!

o

Me too! Me too!

o

me too too-tia-barb

o

Patsy, could you please e-mail me as well? Thanks so much!

o

I used a Simplicity pattern for my doll, and it was really easy. Just a very large stuffed doll. There are clothing patterns in the packet, or you can dress them in clothes you already have.

o

...hope i didn't miss anyones request---please e-mail me if i did & will send right out to you--thanks, "patsy"

o

Patsy
Could you please send me the pattern for the timeout dolls.
I'd appreciate it.
Thank You

o

Please send me the time-out dolls pattern. I appreciate it. Sharon

o

same here would like that pattern. everyone have a great holiday!!!

o

I know its really close to Christmas and you are probably very busy but could you send me the pattern also, if you want to wait until after the holidays thats ok, thanks .

o

I would Like to hav pattrern alo thanks.. paulene from Kansas

o

Hello...I just made a Time-Out doll over the weekend, but the head did not come out quite as I would have liked it to. Is there a pattern for a 33" doll that I could follow?

Thanks

o

I'd love to have the directions, too. Are they difficult to make?

o

• Posted by
    Margaret Ireland
    (mick4e@aol.com) on
    Sun, Jan 28, 01 at 10:51

I would greatly appreciate the Time Out doll pattern, please. Thanks for your kindness and generousity. Meg

o

I would greatly appreciate the Time Out doll pattern, please. Thanks a lot.

o

.....have answered all request thru "Bhagwat, Ashwini" --hope everyone received their e-mails---"patsy"

o

just found this forum and saw the postings for time-out dolls and thought, ah this is too old to get a response to now. but i kept reading and saw the latest listing on feb 2 and thought i'd give it a shot. so please Patsy-Al if it's not too much trouble i'd like a copy of the time out pattern too. thanks much. trish

o

Oh boy!! I just left a message on the craft exchange asking for info on these very dolls. If anyone of you who has the directions would please fwd them to my e-mail addy, I'd be so happy. I saved one outfit from each of my kids for this very purpose. My kids are middle aged now so I better get this project done ASAP ~;oD

o

...have answered request thru "Sunny on 3/25"--hope all have received the pics. & directions okay--thanks, "patsy"

o

I ALSO WOULD LIKE THE PATTERN. THANKS.CAROL

o

Patsy, you must be the most patient person! Today is the first time on the dollmaking site. I have wanted to buy one of these darling pouting dolls for my mon for a while, but just couldn't put out that much money on something so frivolous. I would love to make her one, and I know it will mean alot more to her by my making it myself. If you find the time and this message would you please email the directions to me? thanks in advance, Lonnie

o

PAtsy, This is my first time on this forum and I was pleased to see you have directions and pictures for the time-out dolls. when you have the time could you please email me these instructions. I would be eternally grateful. Thank you

o

...have mailed all request thru "Janet 7/20/01"--please let me know if i can be of anymore help--thanks!

o

i would like the pattern too.thanks tammie

o

I hope i'm not too late i would love the pic and instrucions as well..........Please!!!!!!!!! thanks so much

o

If it isn't too late could I also get the pattern Patsy?

Thanks in Advance
Sam

o

I sure would love to have the pattern for those cuties!

o

Please, I would also like the pattern for this cute doll. Thank you much, Ruth

o

...good news--all request answered--thanks for your interest!

o
time out dolls

I bought a pattern for one and ironed on her face, it was
a mess! Wasted my money and when I did go ahead and
finish her the neck was all goofy! If it isn't too late
I would love to have your pattern and pics. I just found
this forum. Halloween is coming and I have her outfit,
just need a nice her!

Thanks
Bobbie

o

Patsy, if it's not too much trouble could I have a copy of this also??? TIA Mary Jane

o

Wow! I guess Im not the only one that loves them! lol...I just found this site and I would surely appreciate it if you could pass it on to me also....thanks soooo much!!!!!!!! I run a home daycare so I thought it might be cute since time out is a common thing in my home! lol thanks so much -Beth

o

Patsy, if it's not too much trouble could I have a copy of this also??? TIA (My dd,9yo, want to try and make one for her!)

o

JJ...all request answered thru "Vi on 9/18"--hope my instructions & pics are of help to you & good luck with your doll making.

o

Patsy ~ Today is my first time on this Forum and was so excited to see you have a pattern for the time-out dolls! I've tried several ways to make them and just can't come up with what I think is a nice looking doll. Would you be so kind as to send the instructions and pictures, if you have them to me? I would sure appreciate it so much!!!!!

o

I would like the patterns also thanks

o

Hey Patsy, Would like the pattern too. Thanks a bunch!!

o

Could you please send me the pattern too.TIA

o

• Posted by
    Sarah - Long Island
    (kyrene@aol.com) on
    Fri, Sep 28, 01 at 11:40

Could you please share this pattern with me. Would love to make a few gifts for Christmas that are different.

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Sarah

o

Is it too late to ask you to please send me the pattern?? I have been going crazy looking for them. Thank you soooo much!!!!!!

Lisa
(cr8zmee@aol.com)

o

I too want directions....saw one today just silouette and had sheet tied around neck...jeans and tennis shoes.......would love to have that pattern

o

Could I please have the pattern also. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful project.

o

I was wondering if I could please have the pattern for the time out doll.I have been searching the web for one.I would like to find the one that has a wood body that you wrap with fiberfill.I;ll take any pattern that I can find tho.Thanks

o

I was hoping it's not to late to get the pattern, it would be a great x-mas gift. thank you LORI

o

ONE MORE IN NEED. A FRIEND JUST ASKED ME TO MAKE THE TIME OUT DOLL. COULD I PLEASE REQUEST A COPY OF THE PATTERN? TIA

o

Patsy,

Could I please get this pattern from you as well, I would love to make one for my Mom for christmas. Thank you!
My e-mail address is cheyenne@coslink.net

o

Could you send me a copy of this doll pattern. I have seen several but, have never found a pattern. Thanks much.

o

What I do:. I use light colored childrens footed pajamas size two preferably because they are the cutest. I have used one's and three's. Stuff them, get the legs as stiff as you can without being too fat. Play with this step. I don't stuff the body and arms too much because then they don't look too fat. I use a knee high (Wal-Mart .50 cents in plastic container) for the head. Stuff it and then sew it onto the neck of the pj's. Dress the doll in clothes to fit and shoes and socks to fit. I find a lot at garage sales, family out grown clothes and thrift stores. If it is a girl in a dress I put kids nylons in a color of choice. If I use white sometimes I need two pair to cover the color of the pj's. If the pj's are pink they sometimes work with one pair. I buy hair at Wal-Mart. I use the one piece hair and glue it to a hat in the back so it is hanging down looking natural. On the boys and some girls use the caps with bills and put the hair on the bill so the hat is turned backwards on the doll. Tack the hands to the front of the face and spot glue the hat on. You can add things you want. Like I add hay to overalls pockets or a car or worms from the fishing dept, a little stuffed animal or doll in the arms or something.

o

I am very interested in making a time out doll if you can please email me one I would greatfully be thankful

o

Could you please email me the pattern and directions as well. Thank you very much. Jinny

o

JJ ...all request thru Jinny on 11/29 have been e-mailed out--hope info is helpful to everyone.

o

I would love this pattern also! Thanks
Gwen
gwke@mb.sympatico.ca

o

Whoa!!!....Patsy.... I just found this! Is it too late to get the instructions you have for this darling doll? I have wanted one for a few years now....and I want to make one like a little "ME". I have never seen one dressed the way I want with the right colored hair....or the right hair and not the right clothes..... I would love to make my own. If it's not too late........I would really appreciate it.
Thanking you in advance
Patti

o

Patsy..
Is it too late for ME to get the pattern for time out dolls? I just found this site last night and this posting this morning. I just finished making some cloth dolls from a pattern that I printed out from online (Emily doll)and was very pleased with how they turned out. Now I want to do a bigger doll.
Annie

o

Hi Patsy! I'm sure you are sick of hearing this but..... Is it possible for you to send me the time out doll pattern as well? I hope you can. Thanks a bunch.
~Kelly~

Kellygerrity@yahoo.com

o

Hi Patsy,

Can I get them too? Thanks so much.

Lisa Lccntryrox@aol.com

o

Hello Patsy,
You are keeping very busy with sending these patterns. I would also love to have these. You are much appreciated. Thank you. yobryan@charter.net

o

Patsy,
I would love to have a pattern too. Thanks so much!
drpatrice@cox.net.
Patrice

o

Me, too, please? My sister got off of the plane with one and I almost fainted. She had told me she had a surprise, I thought she had had another baby!!

o

could i please have a copy my e-mail is marieav2002@yahoo.com thanks brenda

o
RE: Time-out Dolls

Patsy, I just read trought the site and now realize just how many people are interested in making time-out dolls. Would you be so kind as to send me the information, as well. Hope i am not to late.

o

Hi...would you please send me the pattern for the time out doll also? I am very interested in making these and I would appreciate it very much. Thank you
Joyce

o

WOW!! Two years later and you're still getting Requests!! Popular girl!! LOL. If possible, please send me the pics and pattern as well!
Thank you!!!!

o

Patsy...I would LOVE this also...thanks

o

Hi, Patsy...
My I also have those patterns for the timeout dolls.
I really appreciate... Thanks... Isabel

jibarayo1@yahoo.com

o

I just found this by doing a search. I'd also like the directions for making one of these adorable dolls! If you don't mind, that it. Thanks!
Denise

Denise@210east.net

o

HI I would like the instructions for the time out babies

Thank you so much. I like to do crafts this will help me

EMail: Rainbow1203@msn.com

o

Hope I am not to late I just found this forum. I am looking for a pattern and pictures of the timeout dolls. Would love to have it to make dolls for christmas for my grandchildren.I can't afford to pay much cause i live on disabillity,but am willing to pay.you can e-mail me at lcarter@inteliport.com
thanks in advance,
wonderwonder51

o

Patsy if you are still able!?!
Jwatkins10@msn.com
Thanks!!!!

o

does someone still have this pattern i would appreciate a copy.

o

What is a Time Out doll? Is to to give to kids to hug while they are having time outs?

o

Could you please email me the pattern also? Itried the x and it would not work for me. I wanna also make some. Thanks for your time and help. Doris

o

would love a copy also if you have the time,GREAT BIG THANKS,Sharyl

o

please send me a copy of the time-out dolls pattern. lizbird@sympatico.ca

o

could U please send me a copy? if you have time and if its still available? thanks crumrill@netzero.net

o

This is wonderful! Could you please send me the pattern for these adorable dolls? Thanks so much! I just love these kids and see them everywhere! karenandsteve@comcast.net

o

Oh please, could you send me this pattern as well? I have tried to make this doll and it just doesnt look right.
thegarlicks@bellsouth.net
Thanks so much, Tammy

o

If you are still sending this pattern out I would love one. Have looked and looked with no luck. Thanks !!

o

I would love the pattern for the time out dolls! I've been looking for a friend for her birthday!

Thanks!!!!!!

o

Patsy,
I bet you never thought that this would still be going 6 yrs later.
I too would love to have the directions for the time out doll.
debbiedo7@sbcglobal.net
Debbie

o

Hi I'm hoping to get the pattern for these dolls, have a grandson and would love to use his clothes to send dolls to Great Grandparents, Thank you so very very much

o

Gosh, I hate to post a "me too" post, but I sure would love to have that pattern.
dianne_duncan@yahoo.com

thanks so very much!

o

I would also love to have that pattern for the timeout dolls if it is still available. mizzbizz@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance for responding

o

I would love to have one of these as well. swntch@shaw.ca
I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed. Thanks

o

After reading through all these, I got a good laugh and I have to also ask: "Please send me one, too!"

o

For seven years Patsy you have kindly shared this with everyone, could I please bother you for a copy my dear? Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!
highland@ruraltel.net

Tina

o

I would love to have this pattern if it is still available. I crochet lots of dolls, but this is the neatest, no matter how many years it's been out.

Thanks in advance.

o

I would love to have this pattern also. Thank you in advance!

Jennifer

o

I would love to receive your doll pattern! My e-mail address is jenl48089@wowway.com

Thanks in advance
Jennifer

o

hi i am feb1045@yahoo.com
i am trying to find a pattern for the timeout doll.
can anyone help me ?.

o

hi iam new to this forum just joined today and i would also love the pattern and instructions and any photos thanks very much gingermc@hotmail.co.uk

o

I just did a google search on the time out doll pattern and it brought me here. I don't know if Patsy or anyone else is able to send the pattern out or not anymore but I would love to have it. I'd like to make some as models for children's items.

o

would love one too

o

I found patterns for the time out dolls on ebay. They had several posted.

o

I don't know if the pattern is still being e-mailed or not. But could someone please send it to janjanh55@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Janet

o

I was doing a search for the time out/pouty dolls, I have a couple pairs of overalls that were my sons when he was young, I'd like to make a couple dolls out of. Does anyone of the pattern to share!!?? That would be great!!! Thanks so much!

o

I would also like the pattern and how to, to make the time out doll, peekaboo doll and do you have the pattern for a doll with legs and arm that bends? I saw the dolls at a craft fair this weekend that are like the time out dolls, but with bendable legs and arms with pumpkin heads on them and one with frankinstien, my daughter wants one of the frankinstien dolls. Thanks, Vickie
VJF6122@aol.com

o
RE: Time out Dolls Instructions

Hi. Stumbled on your forum looking for info for a friend who crochets and saw the post asking for instructions on these dolls. I'm a regular on Garden Junk and one of the lady's there posted easy directions and a cute photo of one of her's that she had out in her garden. Here it is.
Hope it helps.
Karen

this is how i do it....
I take a piece of styrofoam (just a piece that I got when I bought something) ,make it fit the shoe.Then duct tape that to a wooden dowel. I loosely duct tape the dowels at the top too. Then I take a pair of sleepers,put the taped styrofoam inside,then start to stuff with plastic bags.Then I put the sleepers in the shoes and hot glue them.then stuff some more!Keep stuffing the body .Add the clothes.Then when I figure out how to do a head (still haven't got that down pat yet). The last one I found a ball at dollar store and hot glued it all together.Hot glued the sleeper to the ball then the shirt. I hot glued the hair to the hat . Then wrapped one arm around the pet and hot glued the hand to the face. Kind of hard to explain but you have to play with them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

I WOULD LOVE A GOOD DETAIL PATTERN AND PICS OF HOW TO MAKE THIS DOLL AS WELL IF ANYONE GOT A GOOD ONE PLEASE SEND IT TO ME THANKS

o

I would also appreciate instructions for these dolls. I have heard of them being made using pvc pipe, fabric w/polyfil, and also a wood frame. I am looking for the pvc or wood directions. Thanks!!

o

Patsy - after all this time you are still getting requests for the pattern of the "Time-out Dolls". Well, here's my request, and thanks in advance for whatever you can provide me..........dolo :-)

o

I would like a copy as well. Thank you so much!

o

Can anyone email me the patterns for the time out dolls Diannasperry@sbcglobal.net

o

I would like a copy as well.Thanks

o

If possible, I would like to get the instructions for the time-out doll, also.

Thanks

o

Could I please get the pattern also?

Thanks!!

o

Could you please send me direction on how to make the shy dolls. I would like to make them for my grand daughters.
Thank you
seifried12@yahoo.com

o

i would love to have the pattern also. i have been trying to make one and can't seem to get it right. also need to know how to put the wood together

o

can you tell me how to make these my mother seen the one her vaction now she home very sick but like craft and would like her to do something in her spare time
thanks

robbenline@yahoo.com
GOD BLESS

o

I have a friend really wanting to make these dolls. Please, please send to my email. Thank you so much!
Bless you!

o

Hi Patsy,

I just saw your posting on in this forum about the instructions to make a time out doll along with some pictures. I am not sure how old the posting is but if you still have these instructions, I would very much appreciate it if you could send them to me. I have been looking for instructions for quite some time. If Patsy is no longer on this forum, I would appreciate it if anyone who did received the pictures and instructions would send them to me as well. Thank you so much.

Geri
gezeee@yahoo.com

o

Hi, I just ran across this group from doing a search for the time out dolls and would so appiciate it if someone could send me the patterns and photo for the time out doll I made them years ago and now for the life of me I can not find my directions any where and can not remember how I did them.

o

Hi, I just ran across this group from doing a search for the time out dolls and would so appiciate it if someone could send me the patterns and photo for the time out doll I made them years ago and now for the life of me I can not find my directions any where and can not remember how I did them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here