Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Supplies for Dolls

Posted by
BLaze
(menehune@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Oct 9, 01 at 8:59

I am crafting 16 and 18 inch dolls and have been looking for proportionate "things" for them. I mean things to decorate them with. I have searched Joanne's and Michaels. I was wondering if anyone could offer other suggestions to search. For example, I am making one a camper so I would be looking for lanterns and other camping equipment. One is oriental so I am looking for a paper lantern, etc. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Supplies for Dolls

Coleman has a miniature Coleman lantern. I got one a couple of years ago as a Christmas present for my doll house and then I just saw it again last week in the camping section at Walmart. Coleman's lanterns come in different sizes so I think the size would be porportionate to a 16" or 18" doll. Walmart also has lots of interesting refrigerator magnets that might work for you as well. It seems to me that I've seen them on display around the kitchenware aisles. Good luck! Hunting for what you need is half the fun! ---Barb

o

Thanks Barb!

o

Take a look at Target or Shopko in the toy department. I bought a tent for my AG girls there, and they also had "props" for camping. I happened to buy mine at Target, but saw almost the identical things at Shopko. I don't know if you have either of those stores in your area, but I'm guessing that the same supplier sells to other discount stores too. Well, count Kmart and Walmart out-- never saw them there, but you may have regional discount stores that carry this product line. Each store had it marked as their own line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here