Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Tea Stained' muslin look doll

Posted by joyce58 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 25, 06 at 20:27

I have 2 muslin dolls that are just natural color ( very white). I would like to give them that "tea stained" antique look before dressing them.....Can I just dip the dolls into strong brewed tea? Is it that simple to achieve the look? I wish I had a sample one to try out the techniques, but unfortunately I do not :-(
Another idea I had was to mix up a weak water color wash and apply to the doll with a paint brush.....
Any ideas or suggestions are welcome and thanks.
Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Tea Stained' muslin look doll

Do you want it stained evenly and all over,or spotted like antiquey.If it's spotted,just make up some tea,use and old rag,a sponge or even a paper towel and just spot it on.Then throw it in the dryer,or put in the sun to set it.

I made a quilt a few years ago,a scrappy.After i got it all together i noticed that this one section of an americana block had too white of a background,so i di just what i told you to do and it worked out wonderfully well.It's been washed a couple times,but nothing changed.
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here