Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Waldorf doll questions...

Posted by hollymamma (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 01 at 9:47

Hello! I am new to this forum...my name is Holly...and, I am just a beginner in making dolls. However, I have been sewing, crocheting, and doing general crafting for about 15-20 years...I hope that will help me!

Anyway, I want to try to make Waldorf dolls. I read through all the previous posts, and saw that many of you use patterns that can be bought at various web sites. There is also a book coming out this month, "Kinder Dolls: A Waldorf Doll-Making Handbook" by Maricristin Sealey. I am wondering if the patterns give enough instruction so that I don't need to buy a book? Any comments on that?

Also, about how many 16 inch dolls can you make from a yard of the 56"-60" body fabric? I'm just trying to guess-ti-mate my expenses here!

Thanks so much for any help. I am very glad that I found this site.

~Holly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Waldorf doll questions...

I can't tell you how many dolls you'll get from the fabric, but I would say that the pattern is enough info to make the doll.
I have gotten all my patterns from Little Joy's, and have never had to buy a book yet. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here