Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flower fairy instructions

Posted by proudmary56 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 07 at 17:13

Does anyone know how to put together a flower fairy? It has a bead for the head, pipe cleaner arms and legs, flower petals for the skirt and leaves for the wings. You can use silk flower or real flower parts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flower fairy instructions

I found the instructions for a flower fairy at the HGTV site. It was on a Carol Duvall Show and I will see if I can post the link below. If it does not work, you will find it in the Craft section of the site and just do a search for them
Beth

Here is a link that might be useful: flower fairies

o

You might be interested in Salley Mavor's book "Wee Felt Folk". You can find the book at Amazon or on WalMart's website. Her website shows a lot of the different flower faeries you can make.

I recently finished making 2 dozen of them for an ornament exchange.

Here's a few of them....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower faeries....

o

Dear Flamingo-in-air, your faeries are perfect! I have that book and tried making them several times, but I have difficulty covering the pipe cleaner so the fluff doesn't show through at places. Any suggestions?

o

Sure, sorry I didn't see this sooner, hope you check back, Rohini....

When you're wrapping the floss, you need to untwist it a bit as you're wrapping. Untwist it until you can see all 6 plies in a row, like this ////// , not all bunched up like //. This way it lays down flatter and covers really well. I leave the floss attached to the skein so as I'm untwisting it, the skein spins around and it keeps it from getting all knotted and twisty.

I'll admit, this got easier as I did more and more. I probably made about 50 faeries all together, and number one is not near as cute as say, number 10. lol

Hope this helps!

o

Those fairies are absolutely adorable! I love them. You did a beautiful job.

Monika

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here