and more free patterns

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Barbie jacket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cute Barbie Jacket

Bye bye

o

Hi, Ruthie! I've been reading that you make a lot of doll clothes.... My first grandbaby was born this year, which has me thinking of making Barbie clothes when she's older, but having never made any before, am wondering, isn't it difficult to sew such small garments, for instance armholes in ones with sleeves? Is there a special presser foot you'd recommend, so that you can better see what you're sewing? Or, are the really tight spots better sewn by hand?
Thank you; I really appreciate your advice!

o

Here'a a link with some useful information on how to sew for dolls.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sewing for dolls

o

The first few that you make will seem more difficult than normal sewing but it doesn't take long to get used to it. I have been sewing for so long now for Barbie that it is second nature. I just use my regular presser foot.the 1/4 inch seams were not difficult for me cause I had done some quilting...now it is hard for me to sew the regular 5/8 inch seam. Just start out with some simple things and progress to harder things as you famailarize yourself with the sewing on smaller items...It really is so much fun.

o

The clothing patterns I used for Barbies sewed the sleeve in BEFORE the side seams are sewn. It will eliminate trying to sew inside a sleeve while you are joining it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here