SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thrift_shop_romantic

Two questions- one specific to Mme Alexander

Hello-

This is my first time posting in this area, not because I don't love old dolls, but because I've never had any to fix up before. So this is pretty exciting for me.

I bought over the weekend at a church rummage a lovely plastic bodied Madame Alexander Alice in Wonderland from the 60s. She is in need of a little TLC.

Anyone have any recommendations for taking off a bit of dirt smudged into her face without harming her?

Also, while she came with shoes and socks, they're white shoes and short socks that aren't like the other dolls of this kind I've seen online. I don't think they're correct. Does anyone know of a resource where I a.) confirm she never came with white shoes and socks) and b.) could buy the white stockings and black shoes Alice came with?

Many thanks in advance for any insights on this. I want to make sure I'm helping and not harming her. :-) Alice is one of my favorite story characters and I'd like to display her in my home with an old copy of the book and a tin "Queen of Hearts" tea set.

--Jenn

http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

Comments (2)

Sponsored