Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP: looking for crochet thread doll patterns

Posted by zasha_or (My Page) on
Tue, May 16, 06 at 5:11

I had a couple of patterns for crocheted dolls using number 10 thread. It called for ecru thread and some pearl beads. They kind of looked like the Paradise patterns but I don't think that's what they were. One of the patterns was of a pioneer girl. She had long hair down her back that straight and made with yarn. She had an umbrella and a straw hat all were made with thread.

The other one was a flapper with a little dog on a leash. I found one similar on Free Patterns but it wasn't the same one. This one was very sleak and obvious an adult doll, not a little girl.

There were other patterns in this collection but I bought those two on the discount table. I have been searching online for a couple of days and I haven't seen anything similar.

I wish I could remember who made the patterns. I would love to get the patterns again and any of the others in the series.

Also has anyone made any of the Paradise patterns? Are they just the clothes or do they include the doll as well? The pattern I'm looking for had the doll and clothes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP: looking for crochet thread doll patterns

I can't help you with the patterns you are looking for but if you look at the "Fiber & Needle ARts Exchange" forum you may find someone there who can help you. These are "Wanted" and "Have" postings. I have found a lot of help there.
I am making some of the Paradise dolls right now. The patterns are just for clothes but include instructions for the shoes, parasols, hats as well as how to style the hair. They have kits but they do not include the doll. These patterns are for Barbie doll size dolls and are readily available.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here