SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bug_girl

Silkstone Barbies

bug_girl
20 years ago

I just found out about this new Barbie doll material, the heads of the dolls are Vindyl but the bodies are some kind of ceramic. Does anyone own one of these dolls? I am curious in finding out more information. I would like to know what people think of the dolls. Are they happy with them? I know they must be heavier then regular Barbies. I would love to be able to touch one, but you can't without buying one and I believe they are expensive. Can they bend and move at all?

Comments (5)

• Jonesy
    19 years ago

Haven't heard of that one. It must be a special edition. Porcelain Barbies over all not worth much.

• Jonesy
    19 years ago

I just put Silkstone barbies in goggle and came up with lots of sites. It would be interesting to see one in person. You might check at large department stores. There are some prices and pictures at the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: silkstone barbies

• theroselvr
    19 years ago

Laurel, I have 2 of the Joyeux Barbies- the blonde & the redhead as well as a few others made of this. They do seem heavier. Since mine are still in their boxes, I'm unsure if they bend but looking at them, I would say not.

• bug_girl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Since I posted that I went to a doll show just to see them and touch them. Yes, they are heavier, which can be a problem if one has a weight limit on sleeves and the dealer said, they can break, but the heads themselves are vinyl, just like a regular doll.

I asked what is the benefit, and she said, it was just a new thing they wanted to do. I found some for 20 dollars on ebay, and 55 at the doll show.

All things considered I would rahter have plastic because it won't break and is lighter. But, some people are really into them because they have very beautiful faces. And then I found out all the special silkstones clothes will only fit a silkstone. They look the same in size to me, but I have never dressed one, so I can't tell.

• theroselvr
    19 years ago

That's interesting, I didn't know that about the clothes.

I got them because they were limited editions. The redhead was really hard to find.

Sponsored