SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollie_booklover

Dottie Pancake Doll made by newbie

mollie_booklover
17 years ago

Hello!

I am a past lurker and like dolls very much. I make mostly rag dolls, don't like frilly dressed dolls, and am interested in learning how to make doll heads and hands with the polymer. I've looked for classes nearby, but haven't found anything yet. Would like to hear your experiences with it. Would like to make dolls of characters in my favorite books....time period 1800s England.

I just finished a Dottie Pancake Doll for a one-year-old grand-niece whom I will see on a visit next week. The doll is a project from the neatest book called "Pretty Perky Polka Dots" by Ann Hazelwood. Every project uses polka dot fabric and is vintage in style. It includes some vintage embroidery designs too. Has anyone else seen or used it?

The doll's body is the shape of a pancake and stuffed like a pillow...the head is made separately with face and embroidered, then sewn on the body. I made a bow for her hair out of poka dot grosgrain, then sewed the whole dang thing on with tight stitches. You know how a one-year-old will chew on anything! The doll is a "leetle" bizarro, so I hope little Anna doesn't scream when she sees it!

What is everyone else making out there? Anything for the Easter holiday? Happy weekend...

Comment

Sponsored