Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Doll hair for Time Out Babies

Posted by
Denise
(Cameron91099@aol.com) on
Tue, Mar 13, 01 at 19:47

I made an angel "time out doll" that is praying instead of being in time out. She turned out really nice except for the hair. Unlike most time out dolls that have hats or bonnets to cover most of the head, she will have all hair with a halo resting on it. My question is, how should I attatch the hair to the fabric head? If I arrange the hair in a hairstyle and use glue will that work without stiffening the head too much? I thought about using spray adhesive but didn't know how it would adhere to fabric.I bought the large sized doll hair that does not come with a scalp and for now it's just pinned on. Any suggestions as to how to attatch the hair would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Doll hair for Time Out Babies

My sis in law uses invisible thread. She just finds a starting point & starts sewing it on. I have never tried it myself. I start at the bottom of the head & work from one side to the other using my glue gun. Move up an inch or so & start gluing again. I do pretty well until it comes to framing the face or making bangs. Then it takes me FOREVER to get it to look like I want it to. Hope this helps.

o

I also sew the layers on down the seam, then arrange as wanted and use some hot glue, her is a sample of my dolls with their different doo's.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dolls

o

could you please tell me what you use for the dolls hair.
thanks nancy

o

I used Lion Brands Homespun, it comes in many different colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lions Yarn

o

You can also buy acrylic hair at a wig shop that is not costly and it is really nice especially for the larger dolls. Go to a wig shop and check them out...You won't be sorry.

o

Wigs are a good ideal. I've done it before. You can find wigs at yard sales or thrift stores for a resonable price. If you get the right size you can't tell it's a wig especially on the larger dolls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here