Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Reborn Doll I recently made..

Posted by dianamo_1 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 2, 10 at 19:32

He's one I'm keeping forever! He's preemie size and has real human hair.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Reborn Doll I recently made..

Diana he is beautiful.......I don't blame you for wanting to keep him but I can only imagine what he would bring at auction...you would have to take out a CD...LOL Good work girlfriend.

o

Thank you, Ruthie! :-)

o

Why is it called a "reborn"?

Is the doll porcelain?

o

Hi Vala55,

No, he is a vinyl doll. Years ago when this craft first started, they were made out of play dolls who were then taken apart, paint removed, hair added, ect...And completely redone..that's why they called them reborns.

Now there are doll kits specifically made for this, but we still call them reborns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here