Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pens for doll faces

Posted by
Karla
(alynch@ptialaska.net) on
Wed, Mar 7, 01 at 13:37

What is the best pen to use? I just tried to do the face on a doll and the ink ran. I don't know if it is the pen or the fabric I used.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pens for doll faces

I use the Micron Pigma pens, they come in various sizes and colors, and never have had one run (yet). They are $2.69 each just about everywhere and Michaels has the best selection of sizes and colors. They also can be found in sets.

o

Yep, Micron Pigma are the best. Sharpies bleed.

o

Thanks for the advice. I went to our JoAnn's and the only micron pens they carry are black (it was red I had problems with). So, I guess I'll have to get to Anchorage before I can finish the mermaid. She's been headless for so long my daughter thinks I will never get her done.

o

You can send for pens over the internet. I do almost all my shopping for doll supplies this way. I just got some really nice colored pencils, that work well with doll faces and eyes. Do a search for "sisters and daughters". She has some great doll face pens and pencils. Good luck, Myrtle

o

If you use gesso on the eyes befor painting it makes a good smooth surface with no Bleeding

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here