Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fabric for cabbage patch type dolls

Posted by
Pat/SC
(ppeele@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Mar 4, 01 at 11:14

Desperately need source of fabric for soft stretchable fabric for dolls similiar to cabbage patch or Real looking dolls- must stretch both ways and not run. Friend recovering from cancer and seeks to revive old hobby.
TIA
Pat/SC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fabric for cabbage patch type dolls

I use Windsor Comfort (scroll down close to the bottom). Sometimes Hancock's carries a fabric similar to this. Test any fabric before you buy it. I have seen stuff labeled as "doll fabric" and it runs like crazy.

Here is a link that might be useful: sisters and daughters - fabric

o

I got 12 Yards on EBay it seems to firn compared to the original cabbage patch fabric but works well. If you can't get it I can sell you a couple of yards.

o

I've been using this fabric.. it's the best price on the web that I've been able to find.. and it seems to work great.. I make cabbage patch type soft sculpture dolls. It sells on their website much cheaper than it usually goes for on ebay :)
and if you want some help putting the doll together check out the cabbage patch kid sewing club on msn. http://groups.msn.com/cabbagepatchkidsewingclub/_whatsnew.msnw
there are lots of ladies with tons of experience who can help you out :)

Here is a link that might be useful: the fabric I use

o

I noticed that a lot of these entries are old. However my question still remains where can I purchase the fabric needed for the Patch-type dolls. I have tried different sites and many will not send a sample. Of those that have, the fabric is too thin and runs when I attempt to do the sculpting. When I did these dolls years ago, I found the perfect fabric at a Walmart fabric department (but they no longer have these). I was able to buy by the bolt, the label is no longer readable or intact. Appreciate any help available.

o

Hi, try Cr's Crafts. That's where I get my doll fabric from. It's thin just not super thin. Stretches both ways, just has more stretch in one direction. Its called soft sculpture fabric. Hope this helps...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here