Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help .....

Posted by Kimsw1 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 03 at 10:05

My DH passed away, I love to make life size soft doll with
DH pictures face transfer on fabric .( because I don't know how to sculpture with fabric ,and I love to learn how to with sculpture my DH face with fabric also)
very very appreciated if any one can teach me how .And TIA.
Have a great day and God Bless.
Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help .....

Hi, Kim. Sorry to hear about your husband.

I'd like to help if I can. Do you know much about sewing, or have you ever made a doll?

Okay, to do a face would not be hard, if you have a picture of your husband, full face to the front. You can get a photo transfer done at a copy place, or scan a picture and print it out on t-shirt transfer paper which you can get a office supply stores. I've seen this paper at Wal-Mart, too.

I'm thinking the easiest way to do the body would be to have someone roughly the same size as your husband lie down on the floor on a piece of paper (like taped together newspaper or grocery bags, etc.) Trace around this person, like a cookie cutter or gingerbread boy, and use this as a pattern. You could be more detailed, but if you don't know how to make cloth dolls, a simple shape, when dressed in your husband's clothes, would be ok, I think.

Cut the body from muslin, sew up, leaving an opening for stuffing. Turn the body right side out, transfer the face following the type of medium you use, stuff and dress.

I know there's at least one book about transfers, but for a one-time project, I don't think it would be worth the expense.

I do have an article from Soft Dolls and Animals magazine that gives a short how-to on doing the photo transfer from your computer. If you'd like, I can get my son to scan it and email it to you. Also, here is a link to one website I found.

Let me know if I can help further, Kim.

Sheila

Here is a link that might be useful: photo transfers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here