Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1970s book of fashion doll clothing patterns

Posted by kalmiopsis48 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 3:38

In the 1970s when my kids were young I traced doll clothes patterns from a book at the public library that had patterns for the 12 1/2 inch fashion dolls - Barbie, etc. The patterns were simplified - most clothing items were cut in one piece and had only one or two seams. White glue was used to keep the edges from raveling, or the clothes were lined to make reversible items. Now my sister wants to make doll clothes for her granddaughters, and I've lost my patterns. Does anyone know the book I'm talking about and if so, can you tell me the title and author? The book was probably published in the 1970s, maybe even the late 60s. I'd really like to find it again. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here