Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for pattern for Amish dolls

Posted by gill_didsbury (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 06 at 19:51

Hi All,
I am looking for a pattern to make Amish dolls, any one have any, or know any online ones??

Thanks
Gill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for pattern for Amish dolls

Here's a link. Actually, this simple pattern would do for many different dolls. Just scroll down for the various kinds of clothing.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Wanda in South Texas
http://wanderinglily.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Amish (and other) Dolls

o
RE: looking for pattern for Amish dolls

I have a book "Patterns for Making Amish Dolls and Doll Clothes" by Rachel Pellman and jan Steffy. It is a 200+ page soft cover book that has patterns for both 20" and 12" dolls, adult and child dresses, adult apron, adult cape, childs apron Adults and childs covering, bonnets, slip, panties, shoes, shirts, plain coat, pants, vest, hat, nightshirt, boxer shorts plus a mini doll and all it's clothes. These are very close to authentic Amish clothing. The cover price on the book is $12.75 but I just checked at www.half.com and there's one there for $1.49!!! I'm pretty sure it's has to be the same book. It's the same authours, same copywrite date (1987) and gives a list price of $14.95. (I've had mine for quite awhile) I made several dolls from it and it's a very nice book.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here