Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how do you curl barbies hair?

Posted by leslie_virnig221 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 1, 07 at 22:16

i have a brunette barbie with green eyes from the 60's, but her hair would look so much better curled. how do i do this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how do you curl barbies hair?

Here is the way I do mine...I'm not telling you to do it because I don't want to be held responsible but I do it this way....I find something to roll her hair up on...twist ties, toothpicks etc..depending on the look I am after, then pour boiling hot water over her head and then let it air dry...It will be very very curly...

o

I am a cosmetologist. And this is how lots of people do it. But you dont have to use boiling water. It will do great with tepid water also. You can buy doll curlers also. I found lots of them on ebay. I have done lots of barbies.
Thanks,
Sylvia

o

cut i inch straws and roll barbies hair and use bobby pins to hold it in place and dip it into boiling water and leave it to dry then remove it

o

Thank you for the information. I've got a barbie and her hair is a mess. I've been trying to fix it forever.

o

If dolls hair is tangled, I use conditioner mixed half and half with water in a spray bottle and comb a small amount at a time starting from the bottom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here