Return to the Dollmaking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OOAK Barbies???

Posted by cannaluver (slto29@wmconnect.com) on
Sat, Jan 27, 07 at 1:39

I have come across people doing the OOAK Barbies. Anyone know how they are doing this. What type of paint do they use and how they do the hair plugs? Any websites on this. I am interested in learning to do this.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sylvia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OOAK Barbies???

YOu should try the yahoo groups ...I know there is a site for My Size Barbies and the info would be the same.

o
RE: OOAK Barbies???

I've been making some, it's quite fun, we use polymer clay (prosculpt works really well) I just glue the hair to the head or reclay the top of the head after the first baking and apply it on the fresh clay then bake again, and for paint I use paint medium and acrylic burgundy or magenta paint for blushing and I put it on, then blot off with a kleenex and keep doing that till it's the right shade. Hope I helped!
Many Hugs~
Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dollmaking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here