Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot water heater disaster

Posted by nita1950 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 28, 06 at 22:55

What is the worst disaster that you have had with an electric hot water heater leaking? What was the problem and how was it resolved?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot water heater disaster

It stopped heating... we bought a new one.

o

My dad has a story .. woke up at 5am or something and stepped out of bed into a flooded floor. Washer in a combo bathroom/laundry. . Concrete slab on grade all same level.

Insurance said tuff luck, you dont have flood insurance. That's a flood.

I remember all the carpet laying in the yard drying only to end up thrown away. Lots of work. Good thing he' was a builder/carpenter because there was some wall and baseboard work after things dried.

He ran out and bought a huge wet dry vac and push brooms.. They hardly dented the flood.

o
Hot water heater disaster

Gosh... just ignore my post.... was half asleep!

o

My in laws live in a small ranch house. Their water heater is located in a closet. They stored clothes in this closet as well. One day the water heater malfunctioned or something and their clothes caught on fire. The fire Dept came and luckily the fire was detained without further damage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here