Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
umderming=sewer pipes damamged

Posted by bluzip (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 27, 09 at 22:43

My husband and I discovered back in October that the sewer pipes under our house are damaged because all the dirt underneath our home is washed out. With lots of digging and research, we found out our home was built on the site of an old lagoon.
We contacted the city we live in, they denied help to us and so did their insurance. Our homeowners ins. is calling it erosion and thats not covered. We have talked to our mortgage-they wont help either. we have contacted a few lawyers and they all said its a wishy-washy case because they need money up front to start and its not an open-and-shut case, due to that fact that the house was built back in 1987.
We have contacted a few contractors who have quoted a bandaid fix thats not guaranteed between $7-10K. We dont have that kind of money. We are at a loss about what to do. We plan on contacting our congressmen, state reps...just waiting until the holidays are over.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: umderming=sewer pipes damamged

What is "umderming"??? Did you mean undermining?

o
RE: umdermining=sewer pipes damamged

yes..i was tired when i typed it.

o
RE: umderming=sewer pipes damamged

sorry for your troubles, the sound serious. but unless the original builder/developer is still in business you have little chance of any recourse. i assume you bought the house some time in teh last few years? if not and you are the original owners then things get even worse for you as anything is possible after over 20 years. but if you recently bought it maybe, MAYBE, you can go after the previous owners and realtors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here