Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bleach Stain on colored formica

Posted by icasanova (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 16:09

I damage my colored formica with bleach. I have a bleach stain in my countertop colored formica ( salmon color) and can't take off the stain. I tried with silver cleaner, baking soda, oxiclean also a mix with baking soda and water and hve no result. I want to know is super iron out is safe to use in my colored formica and how to use it also the reconstituted lemon juice. These two things are my final attempt to obtain result. I will appreaciate any suggestion. Thanks a lot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bleach Stain on colored formica

It's not a stain, it is bleached- the color has been removed.
Nothing can restore color that is no longer there.
Perhaps a deft hand using touch up paint could achieve an acceptable result.

o

Plastic laminate [Formica] is layers of paper thin plastics, or in the industry, just paper. Your bleach treatment has worn thru the paper to lower layers of a different color OR as stated above, you have bleached the color out.
In seeking a repair, be mindful there are other laminate companies to obtain a match, or possible the original color?
Wilsonart. Pionite. Nevamar. All are plastic lamninates like Formica.

o

Agree. It's not a stain, it's "lack of colour." It will otherwise remain functional, but replacement's your only option.

Wearing through the colour also happens, I have a light coloured counter, and dark is starting to show underneath.

If the cabinets etc are in reasonable shape, you could go for new countertops, or, if it's a current colour, you may still be able to get it, and replace just the one countertop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here