Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
icecreamgranny

your 'slice of heaven'and all that thinking

icecreamgranny
20 years ago

I am just sitting here..thinking...and wondering what in the world was I thinking about when I moved the wood pile so far from the house! I know it had something to do with the mice and other wildlife that wanted to live in the woodpile, but the structure is just filled with other things and the mice still live there.

It seems since I bought the place and started "fixing" I have thought myself in to more work! The house is nearly completed on the inside; nearly being the operative word. The outside needs lots of work but if the trees continue to tumble down from the rain and snow, there won't be much clearing left to do. Last night when I arrived home I realized I had startled a skunk when I pulled up. The raccoons were not happy as the cat food dish was empty. (cats weren't real pleased either.) The faithful dog was so excited to see me I felt guilty for leaving her home. Yes, I am going to have to talk to the powers that be and see what the great plan was for me to have this slice heaven! As my freind chatted about how happy she was about her life yesterday I realized that I was very contented as well. Hauling water, repairing this and that, firewood gathering and living rather "simple" seems more appropriate for those that have more youth then I do. But then they would probably be to youthful to appreciate the quiet and "feel" of my little home. I look around and literally from the floor to the ceiling is my handy work; sometimes not that handy, but my work nevertheless. So as another year comes to an end and the "doom sayers" that look at our DIY projects shake their heads with wonder...I smile as I sit here and think about that darn wood pile and the brains storm I had that got it there!!! Merry Xmas! Judy

Comments (2)