Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP! Skunk in window well

Posted by benhem (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 1, 02 at 12:39

We just got back from Thanksgiving and found a live skunk in one of our window wells. We don't think that he's rabid, but can't be sure. We put some boards into the well to create a ramp for him to climb out, but so far he's not going for it. Is there some kind of food we could put at the top to entice him out? Help! Fast!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP! Skunk in window well

Simply give the poor dear some Pierier water at 40F with a side of fresh lemon. Use a shallow ceramic bowl... In a day or so she will thirst and leave( and probably ignore the water !!), have patience, skunks are good creatures.
You did the right thing with ramp, but I hope you did not forget the OSHA mandated handrails.

o

leave it alone, and if the boards are not really slick and steep it will climb out ... although some tuna at the top might lure it out faster.

o

If the material in the bottom of the window well isnt rock here is what you do: Hi-power rifle shot to the skull of the skunk, no stink and minimal mess. Sounds grafic but after losing 9 puppies worth a thousand dollars a puppy and my wife's and my canine daughter to a skunk you have to feel no remorse for an animal that legally has no hunting season on it and isn't protected.

Please do the good thing and put it down.

JA in SD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here