Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bait or chemical barrier trench for Subterranean termites?

Posted by lynndr (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 05 at 21:59

I have a home in Northern California that is a one story on a concrete slab with radiant heat pipes in the slab. I have subterranean termites and because of the lack of access (no crawl space) to apply chemicals under the house, it will be tricky to get rid of them.

I've had quotes for trenching with liquid chemical termidor which has been recommended but one company says I should use baits. Should I use trenching, baits or both?

thanks in advance for your help.
Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bait or chemical barrier trench for Subterranean termites?

If you have a cement floor, you would need to drill the floor also and treat. A barrier would not get ones sneaking up an interior wall or pipe or crack. The new baits are very good also.

o
RE: Bait or chemical barrier trench for Subterranean termites?

We have a bait system and highly recommend it. We had a major problen in our previous home. We initially used a barrier system and then had the problem return. We went to a bait system and saw the activity decline and eventually disappear. We immediately installed the bait system in our new house before we saw problems. I sleep nights now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here