Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sticky Tape on Carpet HELP

Posted by lcbear (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 19, 02 at 13:03

I thought I had found a great product....don't remember what the name was, I used those sticky tabs to keep my carpet runner from shifting, now I found that the sticky side that was down on my carpet has left a sticky mark on my wall to wall carpeting which is under the runner. Any ideas as to how to take this sticky residue off...I was thinking Goo Gone, think it will work, any other suggestions will be greatly appreicated.
Thanks
Loretta

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sticky Tape on Carpet HELP

I would try un-du first. It'a an adhesive remover, in some ways similar to goo gone. I've had alot of luck with this product. You should be able to use this product to break the chemical bonds causing the stickiness (at least that's how they say it works) Be sure to get all of the sticky stuff up, because if you havn't removed it from your carpet, when the un-do evaporates the glue gets sticky again. This stuff smells kind of like skunk, but it all evaporates, the smell goes away, and there is no need to rinse. I've had problems getting rid of odor & residue with goo gone. Un-do seems to be available at craft places, scrapbooking storea, and I first bought it from QVC years ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here