Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ants in Air Conditioner

Posted by Donna_Loomis (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 27, 04 at 2:48

The ants just keep rolling out of the air conditioner. There is no trail on the wall of the house on the outside, but we keep spraying anyway. On the inside, when we spray around the air conditioner, the ants just pour out. I can't figure out where they are coming from, unless they have nested inside the air conditioner. Is this possible? And how do I get rid of them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ants in Air Conditioner

This is a window unit, right? Are the ants the tiny ones or are they the large carpenter ants?

o

Mona, they are just the tiny black ants.

o

Mix up a batch of non-toxic ant killer, one tablespoon sugar, one tbls. molasses, one tbls. yeast. Sugar and molasses attract them, they eat it, take it home to the nest where other ants eat it, and when the yeast gets moist it expands. Voila', exploding ants. I doubt it would do more than a tummy ache if it were eaten by kids, but the ants love it. I've used it outside where we have gazillions of red ants, and it works great. You can put it on a paper plate, or in a jar lid, but inside where it's warm, it will spread out some. good luck

o

CarolsSis, thank you for the tip. I'll give it a try.

o

If you're looking for non toxic remedies try this site. It's got solutions/suggestions for most every problem.

Here is a link that might be useful: good remedies

o

Mona, that's a great site. All kinds of good remedies. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here