Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (9)

• alan_s_thefirst
    11 years ago

off the top of my head.

• texasredhead
    11 years ago

One thing that is an annoyance is the pop-up of ads in the middle of reading postings or answering some of them.

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

• ermachef
    10 years ago

Why aren't the new posts listed first instead of the posts all conglomerated haphazardly throughout the site? It's so hard to find current information when it's all mixed with older information. Course I'm not a computer techie so maybe that's not possible with so many different posts.

• sushipup1
    10 years ago

ermachef, posts really are listed in order of newest posted, but there's a gotcha. When a spammer comes along and pulls up ("bumps") all threads in his subject, and replies to them by posting his ad, say for a shady eastern Europe website. Then when the Powers That Be catch the spam and delete it, the whole thread is still at the top of the page, even of the last honest post is 5 years old and the new spam post is deleted.

• jdez
    10 years ago

I am currently very active in the Building a Home thread. It has been very enjoyable. I've noticed that we get to know fellow home builders and when their home is complete, we lose touch. So I would like to see an "After the Build" thread so we will have a place for discussions when our home building is complete.

I would also love a mobile app.

• mdln
    10 years ago

Would like to see most recent posts at the top of the thread - rather than the bottom.

Thank you for asking.

• mdln
    10 years ago

A way to select getting "notifications for this message," without having to make a comment.

• mdln
    10 years ago

A longer list of "most recent posts."

Perhaps, separate garden & home "most recent posts."