Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yikes! Cockroaches!

Posted by carmen_grower_2007 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 16:11

I have lived for 69 years and have never had roaches -- until now. My husband repairs computers and brought one home. He opened it up and it was filled with roaches. The lady told him she had a roach problem, but he was naive and had no idea what he was bringing home. He took the thing outside, but evidently many escaped in to our home.

Today, two weeks later, I am seeing a few here and there and realize I have to do something quick. Got some boric acid and some traps and sure hope the problem gets solved before they take over. Yuck!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yikes! Cockroaches!

I had never seen one until I moved to Texas and was living in an apartment. They even exterminated bi-monthly but that never got rid of them. I kept all food items in tupperware or zip lock bags, even baking soda. I suggest you call and exterminator. There are also the bug bombs. You have to leave your house and set them off and wait, I would usually leave for 24 hours. I did use some of the raid baits. They are small black disks with bait inside them. They helped cut down on them. And the roach hotels. But without more through treatment you might not get rid of all. It may take more than 1-2 treatments timed so after you kill adults then another to get the next generation that hasn't yet hatched. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here