Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water leak - Mold?

Posted by ronellis (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 07 at 14:23

My AC condensation drain backed up overnight. My unit is on the 2nd floor and some (very little) water dripped onto the 1st floor ceiling, which is sheet rock covered by bead board. It was enough water to leak though the bead board in a few spots.

The condensation drain is now cleared, and there is no longer a source of moisture, but the space (between 1st & 2nd floor) is closed and probably won't dry quickly.

What is the probability that mold will grow and survive? Should I take up part of the upstairs subfloor to dry the space out?

Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water leak - Mold?

i would not worry abotu a one time leak. mold needs moisture to survive, so if it does not leak again the mold will die of thirst.though i seriously doubt any forms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here