Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eucalyptus

Posted by
bevsuebb
(bevsuebb@cs.com) on
Tue, Oct 16, 01 at 12:06

HELP!!
My eucalyptus has stained the walls and my husband is loosing his mind!!!
The dark green, blue, and wine colored eucalyptus in my wall swags & wreaths, have "oozed" on the cream colored painted walls. What can I do to prevent this in the future??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eucalyptus

Eucalyptus branches, I think, are preserved by standing them in glycerin. The branches soak up the glycerin and then they don't dry out and become brittle. This may be what is oozing out. Maybe you could try using a spray-on polyurethane on the backs of the arrangements to seal them.

o

My eucalyptus wreath did the same thing! It looked as though it had bled down the wall. I washed the wall with a Clorox solution and then repainted, but the stain still showed through. I had to use a primer and then paint over it again. I don't know why the wreath decomposed this way, but it was strange!

o

Glad I checked in here! I have some eucalyptus that I bought a few months ago and wanted to make a swag, however, at the time I just threw the branches in a tall vase and sat them in my room. Glad I did now! I was thinking of making a swag for my friend out of it but best not now. She's renting and doesn't need a mess like that.

~Leslie~

o

It's a substance that is part of the eucalyputs leaves. When I lived in California I had a pool surrounded by eucalyputs leaves. Had to be very vigilant about not letting any of the leaves settle on the bottom of the pool (even one), because they immediately left a stain on the bottom of the pool.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here