Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davidandkasie

crickets everywhere

davidandkasie
17 years ago

our house is being over run by crickets. literally thousands of them converge on the house and in the garage nightly.

what can stop them? every time we open a door several come in the house. 20 or more a night come in around the front door where they ATE the weather stripping to gain entry! seriously, last year when we bought the house i replaced the broken weahter stripping with the self adhesive foam type. i have watched these buggers eat the foam. now the weather stripping is gone again from floor level up to about 2.5 ft.

the exterior of the house almost looks solid black first thing each morning from the shear numbers of crickets. i sweep up a small garbage can full of dea crickets out of the garage every other day.

any ideas? i am sure i need chemicals, as organic is just slow usually, but i am willing to try anything.

our exterminator said last year that he has never seen anything like it, but now we can't get in touch with him. i think he moved out of town since he sprays our house and our office every 3 months but has not been seen in 6 months now.

Comments (4)