Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DH's little league glove ruined-my fault!

Posted by chery2 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 5, 02 at 9:08

Not the hugest disaster as disasters go, but DH set HUGE sentimental value in that glove. Somehow it ended up outside [during remodel] in a topless box. It rained, and box was forgotten. You can imagine. The leather glove was green, fuzzy, and all-around NASTY. It's the old-timer kind with a different slot for every finger, tied together with rawhide strips. I dunked it in a huge bowl of Murphy's Oil Soap [hot], gently scrubbed w/ sponge as fast as I could, then took it outside to dry and rubbed it down w/ olive oil -- didn't have any wax or anything. Lost just one strip of rawhide, but the worst is the lining inside the piece of leather that wraps around the hand. It looks something like lambswool, tightly woven. It just came off in my hands, so I removed it all. Now what? Should I get some boot polish or something to rub it down? What about replacing the liner stuff? Would a cobbler know what to do? Thanks! chery va

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DH's little league glove ruined-my fault!

You should be able to find a sports store that can guide you to a repair person. I did find an interesting link that might help you. If you click on "About Us" you can see some photos of gloves before and after repair. Looks like it's possible to have any baseball glove repaired. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Glove Repair

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here