Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Braided Rug Color

Posted by catlover_ks (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 05 at 1:11

Hi all,
I bought a braided rug on eBay--one of those 8x10 oval ones that are made from remnants at the factory. I ordered from a seller who showed pictures of the actual rug you were buying but apparently my monitor colors did not adequately reflect the colors of the rug. There are three wide "stripes" (braided sections) that looked like a light peach-beige in the picture that turned out to be lime green. The rug is fine, but the lime green sections are driving me crazy. I brewed some really strong tea today and tried to dye the lime green sections but, being made of remnants of all different materials, I think the sections I want to dye are some dye-resistant material (olefin???). I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about how I can change the color of those sections of the rug. I don't want to do anything with bleach because I am afraid other sections might absorb it. If I can get the lime green sections to a neutral color it won't matter if a little runs into the adjacent sections because they are sort of mottled/neutral colors also. I can't return the rug. I am getting used to it but it would be much, much better if I could get rid of the lime green. I appreciate any suggestions about this. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Braided Rug Color

Check the reponses on the Decorating Forum.

o
RE: Braided Rug Color

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here