Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We went through a tornado, lots of ???

Posted by GigGhee_Indy (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 02 at 0:14

We had a tornado Friday, the 20th of September. I'm just now getting back on line and just couldn't wait to ask you questions about all of this. The tornado was nothing compared to dealing with insurance and a contractor. I have so many questions. Have any of you been through this kind of thing before. I sure do need your wise counsel... please.We are fine and so are our 2 Scotties but now the problems are starting.
Gig Ghee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We went through a tornado, lots of ???

Write your questions down and don't be afraid to ask. Take pictures of the damages. If you haven't done it already, hopefully prior to the tornado, itemize your personal contents that were lost. Claims can be reopened if something comes up down the road.
Are you in your home? Keep reciepts of everything you have had to purchase, even your meals if you are not in your home and have been forced elsewhere. Details are so important.
Glad to hear that you and your family are ok.
Check licenses on your contractors. The last thing you want is to have work done by a contractor from another state. When there is a catastophe, some contractors are like ambulance chasing lawyers. They will find damage that doesn't exist or make it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here