Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A/C = flies

Posted by pammyfay (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 27, 09 at 23:47

Many times this summer when I've had the A/C on (and the windows closed, of course), I've noticed flies in the house. I'm a neat person, so it's not like I live in filth.
I assume they must be getting in (or sucked in?) near an A/C hose outside and coming up through a vent. Anybody else ever been in this situation?
Whom should I be calling to look at this? An A/C maintenance person or an exterminator? I'm thinking the latter might be able to spot how they're coming in but might not do the patching or whatever repair is needed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A/C = flies

Most central air conditioning systems don't have any kind of air intake from the outside. The refrigerant lines penetrate the house but turning on the system wouldn't change anything. Window or thru-wall air conditioners sometimes have a vent function, letting outside air in.

I'd be more inclined that the air flow is somehow stirring the flies up. Is it possible a child or guest left some food somewhere, perhaps in a trash can of an infrequently used area?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here