Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunroom

Posted by earthworm (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 23:43

There is a sunroom attached to the east by NE front of the house.
IMO, it looks out of place, at best.
I might be able to disassemble it and move the material to the west by SW back of the house.
As it is now, the two LR windows are blocked, and this room is too dark.
Why did the PO do this ??
Check out 775 Locust Point Rd, Manchester via "Bing" birds eye view.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunroom

I would assume they built it during the summer, when the sun is at a high angle, and didn't consider how it would be shaded during the rest of the year.

o

A neighbor has one very similar, which also faces the same way..
I will have to wait (its a short sale) and see, I hope.

o

I looked at the pictures on "Trulia". The sunroom doesn't help the looks of the house at all. And I assume these are the best pictures of the house interior? Wow!

o

My idea is to move the sunroom and replace it with a porch or portico with a Roman/Greek style roof...not cheap, I know.
I am also planning a carport attached to the garage in the same style ..I think, I may extend the house roof to cover the flat roofed addition..
My interior work is cut out....
This place sold for 54K less than 10 years ago, and then $150K in '08 !!!
Barnum and Bailey was an expression for this....

o

When I referred to the interior pictures, I meant that the rooms were so messy with "stuff" just laying around.

Clean, neat rooms would have made the total package look better.

o

Absolutely correct, monablair.
I have learned a lot from Home and Garden TV and having inspected many places.
The owner should be outraged, she needed a lot more time to straighten up.... I sense problems.
The camaera man was not so good either.
Real estate can be improved a lot, generally, but then so can many other things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here