Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chipmunks

Posted by Ginny12 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 02 at 22:00

Everyone thinks chipmunks are cute, and so did I til recently. They have nested in my car's air conditioning and heating system--3 trips to the dealer so far. They are in the walls, in the attic, have devoured many of my garden plants. They dig from the surface down and eat any fleshy roots. They are living under my screened porch and they are afraid of nothing. How can I get rid of them? They have become a serious problem, not just a nuisance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chipmunks

Go down to the bottom of this forum and look for the thread entitled "Ground Squirrels". Lots and lots of ideas on the subject, since they are the same hideous beast, after all.

o

Get a cat!!! We find them dead all the time and (Sorry PETA) I say "WHAT A GOOOOOODD GIRL!!!" to my cat.

o

My Persian cat Opie gets the same commendation from me everytime he brings one to me like a sacrifice and drops it, broken neck and all, at my feet. He is proud and pompous to boot. Now I know my "good boy!", (even though I didn't feel like I meant it), was good intuition. I hope they get the hint and make their winter home elsewhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here