Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Horrible smell from dryer

Posted by earthworm (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 14, 02 at 21:45

Turned out to be a mouse that had died atop the plastic hot air duck ..

What a stink !! Trouble is, the stench is still lingering, maybe it's impossible to clean that plastic.
Adrian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Horrible smell from dryer

Adrian,

There is a product that we use called NILODER. It neutralizes the mousy smell in the quansat and the garage. My dad used to use in the truck, as well to get rid of that cow dropping smell that used to stick to his boots. Don't know if it will get rid of a baked in smell on plastic, but is worth a try. We get it at the farm supply store and co-op.

Rose

o

Earthworm: That would be a hot air DUCT,
A hot air duck is well, oh, I better not say!

o

LOL Bet would not smell any better either! LOL

o

I am leaving the dryer open for awhile, Hopefully all the mice and ducks will just leave and not stink up the joint. Adrian

o

If that is the duct from your dryer to the outside, you should be replacing it anyway. they are a fire hazard. Replace it with an expandable metal one right away!!!!
Kathy G in MI

o

Sorry about the belated reply, KG in MI, The plastic duct is machine internal. The actual exhaust portion is all steel, 4" heavy exhaust pipe, just as cheap and much better than standard dryer kit flex vent hose.
Adrian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here