Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used Terminate diy termite control?

Posted by Marti8a (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 01 at 19:24

I just picked up a flyer from Home Depot and wondered if it was any good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone used Terminate diy termite control?

Good morning - haven't used it, but have looked at it. Very expensive - look at this web site for commercial/industrial strength insecticides/pesticides: PestProducts.com WARNING - YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING - these products are not homeowners products, they are the same products sold to the trade.

Have had great luck with them and their prices.

Bart

o

i would never recommend treating termites yourself...leave that type of work to the professionals. You may save yourself money in the short term, but how much is your home worth?

o

Termite treatment is best left to a licensed professional. It is worth the few extra dollars to have a professional so you can sleep at night knowing that your home, your major investment, is properly protected.

o

I have used the Spectracide Terminate stakes for 3 years now and don't have any signs of active termite infestation. In addition, I do have a contract with a termite control company who does come out once/yr to inspect, as well. He wanted to sell me is baiting system for $600-$700 but I figure I can do that myself and let him worry about controlling any active infestations should I get any, but haven't had any in three years.

o

Research tends to show that termite treatment is best left to a professional. For the small annual fee that an exterminator charges you have peace of mind that your home will be insect free.

o

Check with your insurance -- they might not cover termite damage unless you have inspection and treatment by a licensed exterminator.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here