Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patch101

Uh-oh Ants

patch101
9 years ago

Its a rental. Old tenant moved out, over the course of 2 weeks we cleaned the place up, wet vacuumed the floor, etc. Noticed 2 days ago a couple of small flies, I removed them and thought nothing of it (also noticed 1 or 2 ants on the baseboards)

Yesterday tenant moves in, no signs of any problems. Around 4:00, I get a call. He says there is a pile of flies on the window. I go look and surely there is, and they seem to come up from the window (newer style window) where is slides. Then we look over at a ceiling tile (other side of the room) and there is a wack load of em come out the corner. We must of vacuumed hundreds of the ants along with winged ants. The seemed to be coming up from the drywall. So I removed the baseboard, notice 3 or 4. Layed down the Raid drops. Only noticed 4 or 5 max, and then zero nearly 6 hours to about 10:00 at night (top and bottom). This morning, same story. No trace.

Not sure if bad or good!

I was told that they may have a colony nearby or inside and because we cleaned up really well they are now branching out to try and find new sources (thus the winged ants)

Any opinions? I already had to knock half a months rent off as a sign of good faith.

Comments (7)