Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jen2790

ground squirrel war

Jen2790
9 years ago

lol to all the posting on how to get rid of ground squirrels.they are digging under our cement front porch. into our foundation. i have tried a lot of these methods before i read the post last night. so i now know i am not alone in my failures to make them move away.i have tried to be fair with them. now i was going to try to shoot them but mine are very fast. they have been well trained by the dog to run for your life when not in your hole. my latest tries has been cement down their holes, at night, early am, afternoon, but they always dig it out. cement with pile of rocks on it, was dug out again yesterday. so i googled and found this web site. it has been the most entertaining and helpful. i know i am not alone in this warfare. i had large snakes who used to live under the house, but last winter was so cold, they must have died. i miss my snakes, they would just lay around the yard warming themselves and then be gone. no destruction from them. and i had no mice or ground squirrels problems. the ground squirrels moved in and have invite their friends the mice to keep me distracted from the squirrels outside. i am going to try to drown them weekend with sunflower trap. or make me a trap from hardware cloth. and see if hubby bring home a havahart trap to capture them. maybe, so i can stuff the the little suckers when they are dead. i saw a cute thing if you could call it that. stuffed dead chipmunks setting around a table playing poker. with little chairs, rugs, table,cards, drinks, all in a nice glass box. perfect place for them under glass and dead. not under my house doing this with their buddies.