Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing two different paints?

Posted by cbag1 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 31, 02 at 23:05

I bought a gallon of semi-gloss latex interior paint and brought it home to try out the color. The color was fine, but the sheen was a little too shiny. Would it be ok to buy 4 more gallons of satin latex and mix this one gallon of semi-gloss with it? I don't think 1:4 of the two would hurt the sheen of the satin too much. This paint was 20.00 a gallon and I hate to waste it. Tell me if this is a big screw up.
CB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing two different paints?

As long as it is the same base, latex to latex, oil to oil, there is absolutely no problem mixing them.

o
RE: Mixing two different paints?

CB, if you haven't already mixed it yourself, try taking it back to the paint store. I've done that several times and found them to be more than accomodating-even had one place spend 1/2 an hour w/me, experimenting until we got the exact shade I wanted...all at no extra cost!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here