Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Widows

Posted by hornsgt1 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 8, 02 at 16:57

We have had black widows outside and in our garage since we moved in about a year ago. We sprayed a stone wall in the yard that was infested and they seem to have left that, but we can't get rid of them in the garage.
We set off a bomb and stopped seeing them for a couple of weeks but now they are back again. They seem to be in the wall in the garage (While sweeping, I pulled a nest out of the bottom of the drywall and I have seen the spiders come out from the wall).

I am thinking maybe the bomb isn't getting inside the wall. We have spray we can put outside but I am wondering if this will just drive the spiders farther up the wall and into the house.

Any ideas to get rid of these critters once and for all?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Widows

Are you using a bomb for spiders? Many sprays that kill insects do not kill spiders. Spiders are not insects. They are arachnids.

o
RE: Black Widows

The bomb and the spray we have is suppose to kill black windows. We checked that before we bought them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here