Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piscopo_gw

bad stucco contractor L.I N.Y

piscopo
13 years ago

just a warning to anyone in the new york long island area.

stay clear of otto melendez from new island stucco a.k.a new island consruction....

he falsely represented himself as a lic contractor, showed me someone's else lic and said it was his partner, ( not true, found that out in court. ) his work was poor, i had to show him how things should look, i have been in the construction business for 20 years as a sales person and have an idea how things shold look.

he has a great personalatiy before the contract signing, then changes quiet rapidly to arogit and disrespectfull.

he wants to do things his way only and refuses to listen to the customer, he threats to leave the job at a drop of a hat. long story short i had to take him to court and get a judgement against him and his wife ( partner ).

with no assests to go after im looking at a house thats half done and 14k in work left to complete. he front loaded the job to get most of his money up front by starting multiple phases of the work so he can charge me for material and labor.

word to the wise, let the contractor start and finish ea phase before paying him to much up front.

Comments (3)